I think I did it

Keep Pushing Forward !

    My diet journey has been a life-changing experience that has reshaped not only my body but also my mindset and daily habits. At the beginning of this journey, I weighed 68 kg and often felt sluggish, unmotivated, and unhappy with my overall health. I knew I needed to make a change, not just for aesthetic reasons but to feel stronger, more confident, and healthier. After months of commitment, I am now down 10 kg and reached my weight of 58 kg, a milestone I am very proud of.

    My chosen method was rather simple and could be maintained without drastic measures. I just began to reassess what I eat. For one, portion control was essential. I didn't need to eliminate food items that I loved so much but only reduced intake of the carbohydrates that were dominant in my meals. I replaced large portions of rice, bread, and pasta with smaller servings, complementing them with more vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats. This balanced approach allowed me to still enjoy my meals without feeling deprived or restricted.


This is my 68kg-self
    Exercise became another essential part of my routine. I didn't get into intense workouts or hit the gym, as I wanted something manageable that could fit seamlessly into my daily life. I used walking as my default activity, and I promised myself to take walks of about 3 kilometers each day. And although that might sound so irrelevant, this daily routine somehow broke the difference. From burning calories to self-therapy, it helped a lot. It gave me time to clear my thoughts, reflect on my progress thus far, and keep up my motivation to continue onward.


    Of course, it is not without its challenges. Yes, there were days when I would crave unhealthy snacks, and at times, tiredness made me skip my regular walking. Social gatherings and celebrations did make it hard for me to keep up with my portion control. However, I kept telling myself that progress wasn't about perfection; rather, it was about consistency and making good choices most of the time. Overcoming these obstacles has made me stronger and more determined.


This is my 58kg-self, I really hope
 you can see the different in me

    I couldn't have done this alone, and I want to give a huge thanks to my partner, Calvin, who has been my rock throughout this journey. His constant encouragement and support kept me going, even on days when I felt like giving up. Whether it was cheering me on during tough moments or celebrating my small victories, Calvin's belief in me made all the difference.

    The results have been more than just physical. Losing 10 kg has given me a new lease on life, much more energy, more confidence, and a more optimistic outlook on life. I feel lighter, both physically and emotionally, and I'm proud of the discipline and perseverance I've developed along the way. This journey has taught me that lasting change doesn’t come from quick fixes but from creating habits that align with your goals and values. With Calvin by my side, I’m excited to continue this lifestyle and see where it takes me next!


Comments

Popular Posts